3 Tips To Get Out Of Your Head, Into Your Heart + Making Money

IMG_5752-0.PNG

I’ve always been very articulate when it comes to arbitrary topics. The deep emotional stuff however, was another story.

My business has suffered massively because I couldn’t talk about the deep stuff that REALLY mattered. My brain shuts down, my jaw literally won’t open and I feel so choked and alone.

It’s taken so much time and effort to get to this point, and whilst I will always be a work-in-progress, I want to share three things with you that have really helped me breakthrough.

1. It’s None Of My Business What Others Think About Me.

Pretty self explanatory I know, but the reality is that we’re always worried about what others say about us – even when we ‘supposedly’ don’t care.

Do you know how much energy is wasted on living up to self-created public images or others expectations? It’s tiring and de-motivating – do you really believe you have the energy to maintain this facade gorgeous? I think not.

Which brings me to my next point.

2. Make A Plan And Then Surrender.

Whilst it may feel great to be a go-getting action taker, it’s just as important (if not more so) that you have a clear vision of how you’re going to get there.

In the past I have actually tried to map EVERYTHING out. Blog posts, monthly themes, FB posts, newsletter articles and the list goes on.

I can tell you from personal experience – this does NOT work.

Once you’re up and running, it makes sense to get some order and forward plan. Now if you try to do this when you’re already panicked about getting started, it’s pretty much guaranteed to propel you into overwhelm.

Get clear on your vision, your big fat WHY, how you’re going to communicate your message to your peeps and what mediums you will use to deliver.

Then allow the rest to unfold. Now is the time to trust, yourself and especially your gut feeling sugar pie.

3. Stop Thinking + Start Doing.

Think about all the ‘successful’ entrepreneurs you know. The only thing standing between you and them, is that they took consistent action. They didn’t ‘plan’ to take action – they just did it!

They knew what they wanted, focused and maintained consistency. They didn’t put off writing that blog post or making that call because they had to see 10 steps in advance.

Follow your intuition and it won’t lead you astray.

Nike said it best – Just Do It.

Don’t let another year pass you by.

2015 has an amazing manifesting energy – take it in, use it and pay it forward by helping others grow too.

Namaste Bitches 🙂

14 Comments on 3 Tips To Get Out Of Your Head, Into Your Heart + Making Money

1. Jacqueline Rizk
    January 17, 2015 at 10:37 am (3 years ago)

Wow, I so needed this. I experienced a tremendous loss in my family lately and I have been really gun-shy to get back on the horse so to speak in my business, in part out of grief, but in part, that I am somehow less than I was. This was really quite inspiring! Thanks for this.

• admin
      January 21, 2015 at 4:03 am (3 years ago)

I can relate to the grief Jacqueline. It’s back to basics stone by stone, brick by brick.
      Blessings x

2. Sheena
    January 17, 2015 at 12:28 pm (3 years ago)

Love the last point about following your intuition and just taking action. It’s easy to get caught up in planning and not actually ever take action.

• admin
      January 21, 2015 at 4:04 am (3 years ago)

So true Sheena!

3. ling | business-soulwork.com
    January 17, 2015 at 11:46 pm (3 years ago)

wow, can’t agree more!! So many people waste so much time and energy fearing what others may think of them – I like to ask my clients this question,”so, you *speculate* this is how other people *might* *think* about [this thing you are afraid to do]… how convoluted is that??!”
    And boy, that stop *thinking* thing and stop controlling thing… been there done that and nope, doesn’t work!!

• admin
      January 21, 2015 at 4:05 am (3 years ago)

I have wasted so much time and energy on people who didn’t even matter. Unfortunately I had to learn the hard way – as everybody does 🙂

4. Jenni
    January 18, 2015 at 10:04 pm (3 years ago)

Great and inspiring article! I love the section about making a plan and surrendering. This is something I have struggled with, people telling me to stick to one plan. This empowered me that I don’t have to plan out every single detail and can go with the flow and succeed!

• admin
      January 21, 2015 at 4:06 am (3 years ago)

I hear ya Jenni! When I feel overwhelmed, I start with the simple thing until I can build up some momentum.

5. Cymber Lily Quinn | HOLISTIC HARPISTRY
    January 19, 2015 at 7:42 pm (3 years ago)

Great stuff, girlfriend. Wow, I am blown away by how clearly you can write such deep topics and keep it real.

Recently, I had the feeling with my business that I was continuing to turn the key on an engine that was already running. Continuing to crank was just creating friction and noise that was not contributing to my forward motion.

Now, as you say, I need to slow down, trust, and let things unfold. Great advice for everyone, including harpists and musicians. Thanks!

• admin
      January 21, 2015 at 4:07 am (3 years ago)

Thanks Cymber! Trust is such a simple concept, and yet we struggle with it. The more I trust the more flow and abundance I experience.
      God bless xx

6. Sam Shelley
    January 20, 2015 at 8:09 pm (3 years ago)

I enjoyed this article. Every one is living with a story in their heart. Their opinion isn’t the truth so why take their opinion as the truth?

• admin
      January 21, 2015 at 4:10 am (3 years ago)

Amen to that!
      Blessings x

7. Diane Sussman
    January 20, 2015 at 8:18 pm (3 years ago)

Full of great advice for getting out of your own way. I love how you blend the inner trust and the outer moxy!

• admin
      January 21, 2015 at 4:08 am (3 years ago)

Thanks Diane! It’s the Zen Hustler way 🙂